Thursday, October 3, 2013

I recently got myself some new roommates

Regina George moved out, because my apartment is a shithole fine piece of property. And two new roommates moved in! THEY ARE GREAT! Let's call them High Maintenance Roommate and Low Maintenance Roommate. They are both gay and deaf.

Because I now live in a house with a herd o' deaf people (deaf people travel in herds), I have started to learn how to SIGN! Like a champion! Unfortunately, my new roommates are the ones who introduced me to The Walking Dead, so a good chunk of my vocabulary is limited to what's relevant in a zombie apocalypse.

THINGS I DO NOT CURRENTLY KNOW HOW TO SIGN:

"Help! I am having a medical emergency. Please take me to a hospital."

 THINGS I CURRENTLY KNOW HOW TO SIGN:

"I want a zombie to eat Rick Grimes."

Our only hope is that the writers of The Walking Dead respond to American Sign Language in a way that they do not respond to common sense and the rules of narrative writing.

As an aside, when we started watching the show, one of the first words I asked how to sign was "awkward."

I use it so often now that that's who my birthday card was addressed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment