Saturday, October 19, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: People still stupid on Facebook

You know what we haven't had in a while?

FACEBOOK REJECTS!

I've got some good ones. Real good. And I'm putting them all in one post, because it's my blog and I can.

We'll start with this guy, who doesn't understand why you have to pay for things:



[IMAGE DESCRIPTION: A Facebook conversation with pictures, names, and places blocked out.

A: If I preorder bf4 from yous does that give me battlefield 4 premium ? Or do u buy that separate?


STORE: Battlefield 4 Premium is a separate purchase from the game. [link to website]
A: So it's going to be 110 dollars for this game.. That's getting to be a little much don't ya think

B: Not really bc you get all the map packs which it would be more if you bought them separately but no one's forcing you to buy it

A: I'm getting it regardless its just that if we keep paying money like that then they games are just going to continue to rise in price soon you'll be paying 200 bucks for everything by the end of then releasing stuff they could fit on the disk  ]

Facebook seems to be having some trouble with nesting comments, or with some comments disappearing completely. Regardless, I cut all the references to a "tim" who doesn't exist and put the comments in the right order for the transcript.

This guy apparently missed the season passes for the last three Call of Duty games, as well as Battlefield 3, all of which were $50 at launch. Sure, they can put extra maps on the disc. You know what they can't program onto a disc?

Online support.

Modern shooters aren't worth crap if you can't play them online. And maintaining functional servers and a quality online experience takes time and money. One thing that the Call of Duty franchise does- ugh I hate saying this- well is keeping the servers up for their old titles. So, if you don't want to pay premium- HA SEE WHAT I DID THERE- for new releases, you can still enjoy online play on their old stuff. Which is supported by the money they make on new titles.

Then there's this guy:


  
[IMAGE DESCRIPTION: A Facebook conversation with pictures, names, and places blocked out.

A: Ok so I bought Just Dance 2014 abuot last week and its still In perfect condition. I paid $43 for it, how much do you think id get in store credit? It just came out a week ago and I'm hoping around $20-30 range. I'm trying to get a 2DS :)


STORE: Please check with your local [name of store redacted] store for the latest trade pricing info: [link to website]
B: um why not just return it unless you opened it , and you might get 8.00 since the game used for 34.99 you might even get 11.00 but i doubt you going to get 20.00 and I know you not going to get 30.00 for it since it's too close to the used and new price.

A: I called [name of store redacted] and they told mr it's $20 in store credit, and the return policy is retarded because who buys a game just to not open it? Its common sense we're gonna open it -___-  ]

First of all, my store has a lot of neuro-atypical regulars, and none of them have any trouble understanding our return policy. Puttin' that out there.

Entertainment media- games, DVDs, CDs- are consumable products. You can't return a game you've opened and played any more than you can return a sandwich you've already eaten. With Wal-Mart culture's "whatever, buy stuff and return it, we don't care" attitude, it's kind of fun to force people to live with the purchases they've made. Of course, most retailers are tightening up their return policies, because they realized just how much they're losing on bad returns, much to the dismay of the irresponsible public. You should've seen the outcry on Target's Facebook when they set a cap to the amount a person can get in cash refunds with no receipt. (Which, might I add, means that they still give out cash refunds with no receipt.)

The world has lots of ways for people to try out products before they buy them- notably, renting and sharing- but it's always hilarious to see people buy games and decide they don't want it a week later.

"I don't want to waste money on a rental!"

Well, instead, you wasted $40 on a game you don't want, so, go team!

And then there's this guy:


[IMAGE DESCRIPTION: A Facebook conversation with pictures, names, and places blocked out.

A: I just would like to know when will the last day for me to pickup my copy of A Link Between Worlds for 3DS would be on. The game comes out on a Friday so would the last day for me to pickup my preorder copy be on Monday or Tuesday


STORE: Pre-orders are reserved for 48 hours after release.
A: I know that I just needed to know when is the last day for me to pickup my game not the hours after the release. ]

No comment.

It's all good though, because I also found this gem:



[IMAGE DESCRIPTION: A Facebook post with pictures, names, and places blocked out. The poster has submitted the following without comment:

A picture of Raul Julia as M. Bison in the really bad awesome live-action Street Fighter movie. His eyes are void of emotion. The meme text:
 

"FOR YOU, THE DAY GTA V ONLINE RELEASED WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF YOUR LIFE.

BUT FOR ME... IT WAS TUESDAY."]

Guy who posted this on StameGop's Facebook wall? You are my hero.

Seriously. Call me sometime.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment