Friday, June 14, 2013

More Super Metroid

At work with The Veteran the other day, we were talking about how I've been playing Super Metroid. He revealed to me that he has never been able to finish Super Metroid.

"WHAT," I said.

"I can't figure out how to get to Ridley through that lava pit," he said.

"DO YOU HAVE GRAVITY SUIT," I said.

"Yeah, I think so," he said.

"DO YOU HAVE SPACE JUMP," I said.

"What's the Space Jump?" he said.

What followed was a lengthy verbal walk-through, with hand motions, of how to get to Maridia's boss, kill that motherfucker, and get you some Space Jump. Customers gathered around, mesmerized by my intense played-too-many-timesing of Super Metroid. It all ended with this helpful and informative diagram:

A professional-quality sketch of Samus zapping Draygon with her grapple beam.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't ask "What's the space jump?"; it was "WHERE'S the space jump?"! I demand a redaction! I feel I am being misrepresented!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never played it. Should I?
    (In my head I see you having a stroke after a wordless, hand gesture filled, anger induced flip-out)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Metroid is amazing and everyone should play it as part of a well-rounded education. The four R's- Reading, Writing, 'Rithmetic, Super Metroid. Writing and arithmetic don't start with R's either, so I figure it's ok.

      Delete