Saturday, February 8, 2014

I'm tired of explaining how electronics work to people

So, some dude was complaining about some game that's on PS4 but not PS3 blah blah blah yawn.

"MAN, THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO FORCE YOU TO BUY THE NEW SYSTEM."

"Well, no one wants to develop for an outdated system." I didn't go out of my way this time to explain the concepts of "resource management" and "marketability," like I have to for the Wiiple.

"THE PS3 WAS BRAND NEW LAST YEAR!"

False.

"The PS3 came out in 2006."

"WELL, WE JUST GOT OURS IN 2010."

I should note here that 2010 was not "last year."

"HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT'LL BE BEFORE THERE'S A PS5? TWO YEARS?"

Nor is it two years ago.

At this point, I've started just walking away from people who want to whine at me about the PS4. In particular, the whiners about backwards compatibility.

Hey, guess what, whiners! Sony tried making a backwards compatible current-gen system. It's called the first generation PS3. You know why they took it out? Because sales for the first-gen PS3 were terrible, because the system was too expensive. If they had made a backwards-compatible PS4, you'd be in here right now complaining at me about how for that price, a gaming system should come with a car.

If you want to play PS3 games, keep your PS3. I mean, I have six systems hooked up to my TV, and I turned out ok.

...

Why is everybody looking at me like that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment