Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I know what you should do! Cause a scene!

We just got one of those people.

"I need to return this." She handed us a game and a receipt. Luckily, bossbro had to deal with this woman.

"Would you like to pick out something else, or would you like me to put the money back on your card?"

"I want a refund."

"Ok, I'll just need to see the card."

"I don't have it. It's my husband's card."

"We can't do a credit card transaction without the card present."

"I HAVE WORKED RETAIL MY WHOLE LIFE AND NO OTHER STORE HAS THIS POLICY."

That is incorrect. I'm guessing this lady is a Wal-Mart lifer. Wal-Mart doesn't have any policies for anything.

"Every retail job I've ever had has required that the physical card be present for a refund," I deadpanned. And let me tell you, I've had a lot of fucking retail jobs.

"NO, HONEY. I'VE WORKED RETAIL MY WHOLE LIFE." 

Then shouldn't you know that causing a scene is going to accomplish absolutely nothing, that we're going to still refuse to do your shitty return, and that we're then going to make fun of you in the store and on the internet? Your condescension is noted, though.

Yesterday I had a guy complain that video game stores are the only places that check his ID when he uses his credit card. 

"Because we're small specialty stores, so we can't afford to eat the losses from credit card fraud that Wal-Mart can," I explained, barely suppressing an eye roll. Nor do we have the infrastructure to look up purchases by credit card number, which is why we can't do refunds without a card present. We don't save your credit card information in the store. Would you like us to save your credit card information in the store, ma'am?

I plan my purchases, and only buy things I intend to keep. I wish I were the rule and not the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment