Sunday, July 14, 2013

Retail tech support

If you are having an issue with your electronic device, do not call the retailer you bought it from for tech support. You're just wasting everyone's time. Here's a conversation I just had, here at my job where I am currently located.

"Thank you for calling [Store], this is [Miss Blog Lady]."

"I'm having a problem with my 360, can you help me?"

"We don't offer repair services, but I can give you Microsoft's support number."

"Well, just tell me if you've ever heard of this happening before."

What followed- what always follows- was a long-winded incoherent description of some mechanical failure I know nothing about. If the question is something like "I forget how to sync my controller," then sure, I can help you. But am I able to explain any sort of change in system settings, perfectly, from memory, in a way that is understandable for your stupid ass? Nope.

I mean, do I look like Google to you?

"No, I've never heard of that problem before," I said when he was finally finished. "But I can give you Microsoft's support number."

"I don't wanna call them," he complained.

Well then, apparently you don't want to get your Xbox fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment