Thursday, July 4, 2013

MUSIC SCHOOL!

Avid followers of the life and times of Miss Blog Lady may be aware that I am, in fact, a music student, at a reasonably reputable university. Or at least, I was. I'm done with the music part of my degree, thank God.

Music school is terrible and you should not go to there. Pick a different dream. No, seriously.

Today, at work with ladyboss, we were playing Animal Crossing, because of course we were. I went to change my town tune.

"Do the Zelda theme," she said. I did a version of it, but it doesn't really fit into the format Animal Crossing gives us without changing the rhythm and making it sound wrong.

"Do the Mario theme," she said.

"Well, I can't do the Mario theme proper because there's accidentals and they only give you a C major scale in the game, but I can do the intro, or other parts of it," I said.

"I don't know what any of that means, but it sounds neat."

Transcribing music has always come so naturally to me that I'm totally that douche who genuinely forgets that other people can't do this stuff. Maybe I should start checking my Musician Privilege. (And no, I do not have perfect pitch, for the people who know what that is and are wondering.)

Regardless, here are some OFFICIAL BLOG LADY ANIMAL CROSSING TRANSCRIPTIONS.

Want to have the Mario theme as your town tune? Well, here it is:


Or how about the Metroid theme? You know, the one that plays while you're stepping out of your save pod thingy.


Or the Kirby theme:


Or the Pokémon Center jingle:


 How about Saria's Song?


Feeling festive? We've got Jingle Bells:


You can buddy up with someone in another town to get both halves of the phrase:


It is America's birthday. Why not the national anthem?


We've got an only slightly crunched version of the Star Wars theme:


And then the Jurassic Park theme:


We can even branch into pop music. Like the chorus of Justin Bieber's OMG hit single, Somebody to Love:


And, at last, the song I decided was going to be come the new Balsaq town tune. Bragging rights if you can tell what it is:


Send in the requests, loyal readers! If it's in simple meter and it fits into either a major or natural minor scale, I can put that shit into Animal Crossing.

I'd say "thank God I went to music school," but I could do this before going to music school.


No, for real. Fuck music school.

No comments:

Post a Comment