Thursday, November 7, 2013

On the subject of people thinking different chain stores have a hive mind

There are certain things we can't share between stores. Pre-orders are a big one. If you put down a deposit on something, that deposit is tied to the specific location. It's done that way for security and inventory reasons. Of course, the customers are never happy when we take precautions to protect their money.

I wasn't there for the first part of the fight, but apparently some loser got in a huge fight with The Veteran because he couldn't find his preorder. The first question is always, "Did you do the pre-order at another store? We can't share pre-order information between stores." Regardless, this guy did another pre-order for Ghosts, and left. Apparently.

He came back, rage-ablazin', during the Ghosts midnight release.

"I FOUND MY RECEIPT!" he shouted. "THAT GUY HERE BEFORE TOLD ME HE COULDN'T FIND MY PRE-ORDER BUT I FOUND MY RECEIPT."

He triumphantly threw the receipt down in front of me. I glanced at it.

"I KNEW I DID IT HERE. I DID THE PRE-ORDER RIGHT HERE."

"This is a receipt for [store on the other side of town]," I said flatly, pointing to the store name and address printed at the top of the receipt.

".......oh."

"Did he tell you we can't look up pre-orders from other stores?"

"........."

"Would you still like to pick up Ghosts?"

".....yeah."

No comments:

Post a Comment