Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Also, an observation

There were over a hundred people at my store tonight picking up Grand Theft Auto.

As far as I saw, only one was a woman picking up the game for herself.

Naturally, the fact that women, such as myself, are not buying Grand Theft Auto in large, visible numbers will be taken as evidence that women "don't like hardcore video games," despite the fact that the Grand Theft Auto franchise is notoriously hostile to women.

I look forward to the weeks ahead, wherein dudebros will be constantly asking if I'm playing GTA V, and then asking the inevitable follow-up question:

"God, why do you work here? Do you even play video games?"

I play lots of video games. I just try to avoid the ones that shit all over people who look like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment