Saturday, September 21, 2013

I am not a guard dog

Whenever anyone tries to intentionally leave something here (their kids, unfinalized trades, their wallet, and so on), I always say the same thing:

"We're not responsible for anything that happens to [him/her/it/them] while you're gone."

Sometimes people get mad about it, but hey, it's true. I'm obviously not going to let someone hurt a child in front of me, but there's nothing I can do if I'm not watching, or the kid decides to leave the store. There's a reason you have to pay babysitters to watch your kids.

We get people leaving their stuff here all the time, without even telling us, too. We had someone once who plugged his PSP into the wall to charge it, left it there, and freaked out on us when it got stolen.

Unless one of us stole it, that's not our problem. You abandoned your property in a public space.

Why do people think they can leave shit in a store, anyway?

LITERALLY ANYONE CAN COME IN HERE AND TOUCH ANYTHING!

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF STORES!

No comments:

Post a Comment