Sunday, September 15, 2013

Technically, manager isn't in my job title

Here I am, eating lunch, minding my own business, when The Veteran comes back with the phone, because someone insisted on speaking to a manager.

"Thank you for calling [Store], this is [Miss Blog Lady]," I say politely.

"MY NAME IS [BOB]," the guy says urgently. "ONLY A MANAGER CAN HELP ME."

"Ok," I say. 

"I BOUGHT A GIFT CARD BUT I ACCIDENTALLY WROTE THE WRONG NAME ON IT. IF I BRING THE CARD IN, CAN I GET A NEW GIFT CARD!?"

For the record, that is not even a slightly complicated problem to fix. It's a transaction that anyone could do after working in any store for twenty minutes, tops.

"Sure, no problem," I say.

"OHMYGOSHTHANKYOU," says [Bob], and he hangs up.

Truly, this day have I used my managerial powers for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment