Saturday, September 14, 2013

I wish I were making this up

So, like many other stores, ours uses a regular computer for the register, with a regular keyboard. The various F# keys correspond to different menu options. Apparently, a bunch of people don't know how to correctly process preorders, so there was a rash of firings around the region for street date violations on Grand Theft Auto V. To solve this problem, our corporate stooges came up with an awesome idea.

LITERALLY REMOVE THE F7 KEY FROM THE KEYBOARD.

PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE.

It didn't stop there, though.

WE GOT A FOLLOW-UP E-MAIL TELLING US TO ASK FOR HELP FROM OUR DISTRICT MANAGER IF WE COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO REMOVE THE F7 KEY.

OUR DISTRICT MANAGER CALLED EVERY STORE TO VERIFY THAT WE HAD REMOVED THE F7 KEY, INCLUDING ASKING US TO SEND PICTURES.

And maybe the best part- there are a whole bunch of menus that can only be opened with F7, so now we need to KEEP A PEN AT EVERY REGISTER SO WE CAN POKE THE NAKED F7 KEY JUST TO BE ABLE TO DO OUR JOBS.

This is my life. This is my reality.

1 comment:

  1. I spent a good two minutes sitting with my head in my hands trying to formulate an appropriate response to this foolishness.

    There is no appropriate response. I will simply continue my two-handed facepalm.

    ReplyDelete