Monday, September 23, 2013

Retail Wiiple support

The most common problems with the Wii are that the power cord gets fried, or the Wiimotes fall out of sync. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure my busted old Wii could survive nuclear armaggedon.

"The disc tray stopped working on my Wii."

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO IT!?"

Regardless, we're constantly getting calls from people who can't figure out how to sync their Wii and Xbox controllers. 

Like today.

A woman calls me, wanting to return a Wii she bought six months ago because the Wiimote fell out of sync.

"You just need to re-sync your Wiimote," I said. "Do you know how to sync your Wiimote?"

"No."

I walk her through syncing her Wiimote. Basically, there's a red button on the remote, and a red button on the Wii, and you push them at the same time.

"Does the Wii have to be turned on?"

"Yes."

A long pause.

"IT'S NOT WORKING."

At that point, I gave up and gave her Nintendo's support line, because they hopefully have a tried-and-true phone script for dealing with these people. Otherwise, she's going to be really disappointed when she comes in looking for a refund and instead I sync her Wiimote for her.

The last woman who had this same issue ranted for twenty minutes about our defective products, watched me sync the controller in less than thirty seconds, shouted "WELL, IT DIDN'T WORK WHEN I DID IT," grabbed her Wii, and flounced out of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment