Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kingdom Hearts people are crazy

Today, I did something I'm sure I'll regret.

Today, I put something Kingdom Hearts related on our preorder board.


[IMAGE DESCRIPTION: A picture of a dry-erase board with a list of games that are available for preorder. And then I drew Sora, Riku, and Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, because I love abuse from strangers.]

Square Enix is finally- finally!- doing an HD remake of Kingdom Hearts, and releasing all the bonus content in the United States. I am balls excited for it. Unfortunately, I have to keep my love of Kingdom Hearts on the down low, because people who love Kingdom Hearts are psycho.

When Kingdom Hearts 3DS was on our preorder list? At least a dozen people a day would get all excited because they thought it was Kingdom Hearts 3, and then scream when it wasn't. The other day, some dude came in and told us that right after the Kingdom Hearts 2 HD remake comes out, Square Enix is going to announce Kingdom Hearts 3. 

"Uh, really?" I said. I mean, if there was an announcement about Kingdom Hearts 3, I would have heard about it, because I am a Kingdom Hearts person, and Kingdom Hearts people are crazy.

"Yeah," he said. "They had a big press conference on April 1st."

Ah. So that's it.

"Did they now," I said. "On April 1st."

"They did!" 

"The date," I said. He thought about it for a moment, and then became totally crestfallen.

"Well, yeah," he mumbled, "but this one was real."

SPOILERS: No it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment